SEWERAGE & URBAN DRAINAGE
Nippon Koei is well-known in planning, design and construction supervision of large-scale urban wastewater and drainage systems.
We have engineered a wide range of sewerage and urban drainage facilities in more than 15 countries. These have included trunk sewers, drainage channels, pumping stations and water treatment plants.
We provide runoff analysis, water quality simulation of public water bodies, diagnosis and reinforcement design of existing sewer lines, asset information management, sewerage tariff structural study, advisory service for efficient facility operations, and formulation of PPP (Public and Private Participation) projects. We also offer consulting services for financial, environmental, social and institutional issues related to the project implementation and O&M.
We have extensive expertise in large-scale deep underground structures such as shield tunnels, underground rivers, and underground storm water reservoirs (as big as 8.5 m diameter, 45 m depth and 1500 m length). We also are experienced in the fields of urban area planning, water environment conservation, hydrology, hydraulics, structural design including anti-earthquake design, soil mechanical engineering, treatment process design, mechanical/electrical design and project management.
Nippon Koei has invented new devices and technologies such as for CSO (combined sewer overflow) mitigation device, which was developed by our R&D Center. This device is being increasingly employed in Japan, Korea, USA and European countries.
Selected Sewerage Project Experience
- Baghdad Sewerage Facilities Improvement Project (Engineering Service for Detailed Design)
- Water Quality Simulation and Projection of Tokyo Bay
- Sewage System Development Project (Phase I & II)
- Panama City and Bay Sanitation Project
- Supervision for the Design, Construction and Commissioning of the Works for the Taboada Wastewater Treatment Plant-PTAR Taboada
- Doha West Sewage Treatment Works Project
- Study on Water Recycle Project for Water Supply in Pattaya City (Study on Private-Initiative Infrastructure Projects)
- Sewage Sludge Treatment/Disposal and Reclaimed Wastewater Reuse
- PPP Study on Project for Yen Xa Wastewater Treatment Plant
Selected Urban Drainage Project Experience
- Master Plan for Pruvial Drainage in La Paz
- Plan for Major Drainage and Small lakes Management in Jabodetabek Bopumjurb Area
- Study on Construction of Underground Flood Retention Ponds in DKI Jakarta
- Egawa Stormwater Storage Tunnel Construction Project
- Samezu-Katsushima Wastewater and Stormwater Pumping Stations Construction Project
- Sir Lanka
- Greater Colombo Flood Control & Environmental Improvement Project (Phases 1, 2 and 3)
- Drainage Project for Environment Improvement in Hanoi (Stage 1&2)
Construction Investment of Sewerage and Drainage Components under Haiphong City Environment Improvement Project