SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT
To create a "Sound Material-Cycle Society", Nippon Koei promotes integrated solid waste management through appropriate facilities and social system with the 3R's (reduce, reuse, recycle).
We are recognized for exceptional application of source-separation of solid waste, coordination with stakeholders, and financial arrangements.
Our expertise is based on accumulated knowledge and experience in more than 30 countries.
We have assisted many local governments to prepare integrated solid waste management master plans. We have planned related infrastructure such as waste transfer station, recycling center, incinerator and sanitary landfill including equipment for handling waste and have provided the services for capacity improvement for operation and maintenance.
We also provide services to address the hot button solid waste issues of our times such as privatization of solid waste management and regional management of solid waste generated in several municipalities.
We are particularly skilled at facilitating communication with waste generators and stakeholders where change in behavior is the key to better management of the waste stream.
Selected Project Experience
- Improvement of Solid Waste Management in X´ian
- Integrated Management Plan of Municipal Solid Waste in Havana City
- Regional Solid Waste Management Mamminasata Project in South Sulawesi Province
- F/S on Nairobi Solid Waste Management Project
- Solid Waste Management for Kathmandu Valley
- Technical Cooperation Project for Improvement of Solid Waste Management
- Feasibility Study of the Project for Solid Waste Management in Peru
- GIA Minh Solid Waste Treatment Complex Under Hai Phong Sewerage, Drainage & Solid Waste Management Project
- Supply of Equipment for Waste Management in Hanoi City
- Technical Cooperation Project: Implementation Support for 3R Initiative of Hanoi City for Cyclical Society
- World Bank
- World Bank, Solid Waste Management Holistic Decision Model, Kawasaki [Japan], Atlanta [USA], Kathmandu [Nepal], Shanghai [China], Lahore [Pakistan], Buenos Aires [Argentine], Sarajevo [Bosnia and Herzegovina], Conakry [Guinea], Amman [Jordan]