Nippon Koei offers a full range of engineering services to efficiently implement railway development projects.
Our experience covers the planning, development of new railways, rehabilitation and upgrading of existing railways, and also the complex integration of railway subsystems.
Such subsystems include signaling, telecommunications, rolling stock, traction power supply, train operation, depots and workshops, as well as interface control with the environment surrounding the railway. We also render expertise related to soft components such as institutional setup, restructuring, reform, safety, and efficiency enhancement of existing railway operators.
Sustainability of railway business depends heavily on the management capacity of the railway enterprise, regardless of whether the managing agency is a public body or private enterprise. Nippon Koei's expertise is well-suited to assist with institutional development / revitalization and we offer consulting services for railway reforms, restructuring, privatization studies, and capacity building. Regarding the issue of corporate restructuring, our track record includes feasibility study for the privatization of the entire Polish Railways.
Selected Project Experience
MRT (Mass Rapid Transit)/ Urban Railway
- Cairo Metro Line4 Project
- Jakarta MRT North-South Line Project
- Jakarta MRT East-West Line Project
- Bangkok Blue Line Extension Project
- Ho Chi Minh City MRT Project
- Karachi Circular Railway Project
- Tunis South Suburban Line Electrification Project
High Speed Railway & Shinkansen
- Ahmedabad-Mumbai-Pune High Speed Railway Project
- Hanoi-Ho Chi Minh City High Speed Railway Project
- Whole Cambodian Railway Rehabilitation Project
- Delhi-Mumbai Semi-High Speed Train Project
- Denchai - Chiang Rai Railway Project
- Coal Transportation Railway for Private Company
- Western Dedicated Freight Corridor
Transportation Project (Delhi - Mumbai)
- New Railway Project 1,600 km
- Sao Paulo Monorail Project
- Delhi Monorail Project
- Teheran Monorail Project
- Panama Monorail Project
- Tama Monorail Project