Nippon Koei, as well as its urban planning, development & property compensation subsidiary Tamano Consultants Co., Ltd., has a long history of assisting governments all over the world and in Japan to resolve their urban issues such as urban sprawl, environment deterioration, insufficiency of urban facilities and urban infrastructure.
We have engaged over 600 urban development projects and offered services for comprehensive urban development, urban redevelopment, regional development, etc.
Through the method of land readjustment involving re-plotting of land parcels with a new layout plan together with the development of new infrastructures, 30% of the urban area in Japan was developed. For many years we have been No.1 in this field. We have experts in all the disciplines required for urban development such as urban planners, architects, engineers in a variety of fields (road, water supply, electricity, sewerage, drainage), urban design specialists, public consultation specialists, social and natural environmentalists. We also provide management capacity training as a critical component for realizing the master plan, covering the development permit mechanism, detailed plan formulation, urban design formulation, and urban development project implementation.
Selected Project Experience
- Study on National Integrated Strategy of Coastal Area and Master Plan of Sihanoukville
- Strategic Urban Development Master Plan Study for Sustainable
- Study on Integrated Spatial Plan for the Mamminasata Metropolitan Area
- Selected projects: Kohoku New Town in Yokohama City, Naha New City, Expo 2005 Aichi, Umeda Station in Osaka, etc.
- Master Plan for the Development of Astana & Technical Cooperation
- Lao PDR
- Project for Urban Development Master Plan Study in Vientiane Capital
- Urban Development Plan and Case Study in the Bangkok Metropolitan Area
- Revision of Hoa Lac High-Tech Park Feasibility Study