Infrastructure for People‘s
We play a role in nation building around the world
through our consulting and power engineering
businesses, which build the social capital that
supports safe and reliable social infrastructure and
creating comfortable living spaces.
- Water Resources and Waterways We provide technical services for flood control, efficient water use, improvement of water environments, and the water supply and sewerage facilities that are integral for daily living. more
- Dams and Power Generation We have a strong track record in handling all aspects of dam projects, including providing technologies for new dam construction and for redevelopment and service life extension of existing dams. more
- Urban and Regional Development Our services in this area include regional development studies; support for policymaking related to urban and regional planning; and investigation, analysis, design and construction supervision concerning ground conditions and geology. more
- Transportation We provide a wide range of services, such as planning, investigation and design, service life extension and improvement in maintenance of roads, bridges, airports and other transportation infrastructure. more
- Disaster Prevention To preserve the land and enable people to live safely and peacefully, we provide technical services that protect communities from natural disasters such as large earthquakes, volcanic eruptions and torrential rain. more
- Environmental Management Our business in this sector focuses on balancing development and the environment by preserving air, water and land environments as well as biodiversity for a sustainable society that coexists in harmony with nature. more
- Project Management When there is a need for cooperation and collaboration among government entities, private enterprises and citizens, we provide consulting services such as asset management and technical management in public-private partnerships (PPP). more
WATER & SANITATION
We provide consulting services that coordinate solutions to problems concerning water resources. Examples include water resource development for entire countries, flood control in river basins, and introduction of institutions for water rights reconciliation.
In the energy sector, we provide consulting services to formulate optimal energy development plans according to each country‘s development stage, as well as plans for improvement of power plants, transmission systems and other facilities and equipment.
URBAN & INDUSTRY
Urban areas in developing countries face various problems, typified by traffic congestion and/or environmental degradation as a negative side effect of rapid population growth. With our comprehensive consulting services, we help cities in addressing these challenges through holistic approaches.
To resolve problems that are becoming increasingly serious, such as traffic accidents, congestion and environmental pollution, we build up the infrastructure networks (ports/airports, etc.) that support economic activities, repair transportation facilities that have deteriorated over time or been damaged by disasters, and overseeing various aspects of the construction plans for railways.
ENVIRONMENT & AGRICULTURE
We provide total consulting services in agricultural and rural communities to tackle issues closely related to poverty and food security, which affect many developing countries. We assemble multidisciplinary teams of technical experts to provide consultation on issues ranging from biodiversity, deforestation, air and soil pollution to urban environmental problems.
Nippon Koei, as well as its development planning & management subsidiary company KRI International Corp. (KRI), provide effective consulting services that have assisted in activation of central governments and public institutions to achieve their development goals.
Our wide range of technical services also encompasses climate change countermeasures, information and communication technology, post-disaster restoration assistance, and proposal of PPP project schemes.
- Manufacturing of Equipment and Devices We produce water turbines for hydroelectric power plants, manufacture substation control devices, and build substation central monitoring systems and dam control systems. more
- Construction of Electrical Facilities We perform planning, investigation, design, construction and management related to reinforcement and repair of facilities of electricity suppliers, including substations, switching stations, and overhead/underground transmission lines. more
- Mechanical and Electrical Consulting We provide comprehensive consulting services for electric power and electrical equipment. more
- Energy Solutions Amid increasingly strict environmental regulations, we provide energy consultation and perform design and installation of hydropower/solar facilities in the field of renewable energy. more
- Geotechnical Investigation We perform installation work and maintenance inspections of automated observation systems used in landslide prevention, and manufacture and sell geotechnical measuring devices. more
- Safety Gear and Equipment We manufacture and sell voltage detector checkers and testers, as well as other safety products. more
Urban & Spatial Development
We established the urban & spatial development business in July 2016 after BDP HOLDINGS LIMITED joined the Nippon Koei Group. The purpose is to expand into the field of architecture, which accounts for roughly 25% of international sales of civil engineering consulting firms worldwide. In developing countries in Asia, rapid urbanization has led to worsening traffic congestion, environmental pollution and other problems. To address these problems, we will extend our businesses to construction of airport buildings, train stations and other facilities in addition to design of urban transportation infrastructure.
Focusing on interdisciplinary activities that integrate architectural design, structural design and facility design, this business utilizes BDP‘s state-of-the-art technologies.
Refurbishment of Historic Buildings
Our numerous projects in this category include the restoration of one of England‘s most recognized historic buildings, as well as refurbishment of sports facilities and train stations. We also have a track record of carrying out the entire refurbishment while the building remains in use.
Landscape and Urban Design
We are involved in redevelopment planning of areas and buildings in line with development policies, urban planning/development along railway lines at the time of social infrastructure construction, and design of airport facilities/train stations.
Civil Engineering and Architecture
By combining Nippon Koei‘s civil engineering expertise with BDP‘s extensive architectural technologies, which are highly regarded in Europe, we are providing comprehensive technical consulting services to a wider range of customers.